Big Give Match Funding
The Big Give runs match funding campaigns which raise millions of pounds for good causes. And we are one!
This year, they are running their Women and Girls Campaign from October 11th until October 18th. That means any money donated to or fundraised for us through the Big Give, will be DOUBLED!
This is a fantastic opportunity to maximise the support we receive, and help us to provide survivors with the help they need to better manage their trauma and live healthier lives.
How to Donate
Donations made to our project via BigGive.org will be doubled during the campaign. If you would like to support our work this year, we highly recommend doing so during this week
when your donation will be doubled and make even more of a difference to us.
What do I need to do?
- Add a calendar reminder to your diary for October 11th to October 18th, including this link Expert support for sexual violence survivors (biggive.org)
- From October 11th you can donate through our Big Give campaign page: Expert support for sexual violence survivors (biggive.org)
- Have your 3D secure card details ready when you make your donation.
- If you are donating over £500, as well as debit or credit card you can also do this through a BACs (bank) transfer. Details are here: Donation Funds – The Big Give
- Please note the donate button will appear on the campaign page when it launches on the 11th.
What we’ll do with your money
Did you know?
- the North East has one of the highest levels of sexual violence in the country?
- 1 in 4 women has been raped or sexually assaulted as an adult
- 1 in 18 men has been sexually assaulted as an adult
- 1 in 6 children has been sexually abused
- Darlington and Co. Durham has only 1 specialist sexual violence charity
- Last year we supported over 800 survivors, but could have supported many more if we had the capacity and resources
Not all our services receive funding. And even those that do, like our counselling and ISVA services, have waiting lists meaning survivors might not always get the support at the time when they need it. And there are also so many other areas of support that we’d like to offer, as well as developing our prevention work.
And your donations and fundraising can help us to provide this much needed support,
as well as helping to STOP sexual violence.
From bake sales to sponsored runs, there are lots of ways you can raise money for us. And we’ve produced a handy guide to help: Fundraising Pack.
There are sponsorship forms too.
Why not hold or support a fundraising event, like the Persephone Sisters? They are an all female group of motorcycle enthusiasts based in County Durham. They are holding a Family Funday on 30th September in Peterlee, and will be paying monies raised through the portal, when it opens on October 11th.
This pack gives you tips and advice on how to make the most out of your fundraising. We appreciate your support.
Use our sponsorship and gift aid declaration form to collect sponsorship for your fundraising activities.
Your donations will ensure that survivors receive the care, support and advice that they need. Complete this form to give donations.
Your hard work and support will allow us to continue our vital work and help even more survivors to come to terms with what has happened to them.
From a quiz night to an athletic challenge– there are lots of ways to get people together to ensure RSACC is always there for the sexual violence survivors who need us.
For more information or to register as a fundraiser please contact us on 01325 354119 or email@example.com.
You can set up your own fundraising page for us on LocalGiving here.
Support our campaigning to end rape and sexual violence
Influencing decision makers plays a huge role in ending rape and sexual violence. At RSACC we campaign to influence the people that make decisions locally and nationally to change attitudes and improve support for women and girls whose lives have been changed forever by rape and sexual violence.
By campaigning with us here at RSACC, you can make help us get closer to a world without rape and sexual violence. Find out more about joining our campaigns please get in touch on 01325 354119 or firstname.lastname@example.org.